Anway, this is my recipe:

Sloppy Joes
ground beef or turkey
ketchup
barbecue sauce
yellow mustard
garlic powder
onion powder
Brown beef and drain. Add ketchup (roughly 12 oz for each pound of meat), barbecue sauce (roughly 1/2 cup), yellow mustard (1 Tbsp), garlic powder, onion powder to taste. Mix thoroughly and simmer on medium low for 15 minutes. Serve.
The great thing about this recipe is that if you add too much ketchup, put in some more bbq sauce and vice versa. Dont' worry too much about the measurements, just fiddle until you think it tastes good. This is my mom's recipe, she just told me the ingredients and said "just throw in enough of each so it tastes like mine!"
1 comment:
Ground turkey is weird. I used it once in some Hamburger Helper. Ugh.
Way to much like turkey, and it wasn't good at all.
The only turkey substitute I've found that I like is turkey bacon.
(P.S., I found your blog via The Nest)
Post a Comment