Sunday, January 13, 2008

That new cookbook smell!

With the diagnosis of Jim's diabetes, I've been looking around for some new recipes. I found a couple of cookbooks on the American Diabetes Association website so I headed to Borders to check them out. I ended up not liking either of them; the recipes were a little out of my league. I did find two I liked, plus one non-diabetic cookbook. I got The Easy 4 Ingredient Diabetic Cookbook which some of the recipes sneak a fifth ingredient in the instructions; Fix-It and Enjoy It! Diabetic Cookbook, which I have another book from that series and I liked it; and Easy One Dish Meals:New Easy One-Dish Recipes For Everyday Family Meals. I almost bought the Better Homes and Garden cookbook, but I put it back. I asked Jim to go through and pick out what he'd like me to make, but so far he hasn't. There are some really good recipes, so I am looking forward to experimenting in the kitchen. (But no ground turkey!)

No comments: