Welcome to Kristen's Kitchen. (What a catchy title!) I love recipes, whether or not I actually make the ones I collect is another story entirely. My husband and I are also changing our eating habits to manage his recently-diagnosed diabetes, so there might be some interesting posts about that, too.
Without further ado, my first recipe:
Marital Discord Meatloaf*
2lb ground beef
1 packet meatloaf seasoning (McCormick makes it, so do some store brands)
1-2 eggs
½ to 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
dash of garlic powder
dash of onion powder
dash of black pepper
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. (I only use 1 egg at first and add the second if the mixture feels dry). Shape into a loaf and bake, covered, in an oven-safe dish for 60 minutes or until meat is browned in the middle at 350 degrees Farenheit.
*This is a tried-and-true recipe, but I don't actually measure the ingredients. As for the name, a friend once asked if I'd make dinner for her husband while she was away on a family emergency. The husband loved it, and asked his wife to get my recipe. Apparently, it hurt her feelings, but she did ask for it. The title was just a joke, but when she made it, she did something else to it, so he still thought mine was better! So, the title stuck. When I make it for my husband though, there is no marital discord. It's only when I make it for other people!
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment